Thursday, December 9, 2010

Trick questions?

The other day, Emma and I got on the subject of trees and leaves.  I do not remember why, but I do remember part of the conversation that had Brooke and I laughing pretty hard.  She was talking about leaves and shapes of leaves, so I asked her what shape the leaves on our Noble fir Christmas tree were.  I thought it was a pretty simple question, but she apparently did not understand.  So I decided to help her a little bit.  Here is what I said, "Emma, can you tell me what shape those needle-shaped leaves are?"  She just did not get it and kept trying to come up with some words to describe the shape of the leaves.  Then her little sister, Riah came in to help and didn't understand either.  I even repeated myself several times stressing the needle-shaped part of my question, but to no avail.  Eventually, so as to not frustrate our daughters too much, and once Brooke and I stopped laughing enough that we could talk clearly, I explained it to the girls and they thought it was pretty funny too.  Emma was thinking that it could not be that easy, it had to be a trick question!  That might be because I am always asking her off the wall questions that usually make no sense, but, hey, it keeps us entertained right?  Isn't that what our kids are for?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You crack me up John! What fun your house must be.