Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ambush!

Back on November 23, we woke up in the morning to a nice layer of white covering the ground.  The girls were all very excited to go play in the snow.  So excited, that they did not even want to wait to eat breakfast first.  They just had to get dressed and go play in the snow before it melted.  I don't think I have ever seen them moving that quickly first thing in the morning! 

I was not ready to go outside as quick as they were, so I stayed inside a little longer and shot some pictures out through the window.  Then they got the idea to ambush me!
In this picture, I am still getting my shoes on inside.  They are banging on the window yelling that they have something to show me and asking me to hurry up. (Notice the snow in their hands?  Not really a snowball because the snow would not really stick together, but they did have snow in their hands.)   Since they were so eager for me to get outside quickly, I made sure to do everything in slow motion.  I think it took about 5 minutes to get each shoe on!  Once I finally had my shoes on, I slowly walked to the back sliding glass door and opened it.  They reacted just like I knew they would.  I could hear them yell, "He's going out back" and started running around the house.  So I stepped out on the deck, grabbed a handful of snow, and ran back through the house and out the front door as they are trying to open the gate to the back yard.  Once they got the gate open and looked into the back yard, they realized I tricked them and headed back to the front, right into a nicely targeted handful of snow.   Their ambush backfired!  They were sure they could ambush me with some snow but I outsmarted them.  This time!
Once everyone was nice and cold, we came inside to warm up with some hot chocolate and oatmeal for breakfast. 

No comments: