Friday, December 3, 2010

There's a squirrel stuck in our Nuvi!

About a year ago, we got a Garmin Nuvi navigation GPS free for opening a new checking account at a bank.  This last year it has been very helpful in getting places, especially when we have made long trips to places we had never been before.  In the Nuvi, we can select the voice that talks to you to tell you where and when to turn.  We tried lots of different ones.  Last Christmas, we found an elf voice that was pretty cute.  Once the Christmas season was over, we had to change it.  That is when we found the squirrel.  Thats right, we have a squirrel voice in our Nuvi!  The best part of this voice is not just the funny sounding voice when giving directions, it is all the funny comments that the squirrel just randomly throws out. The entertainment value of his voice got even better recently when Leah started noticing it.  Now, every time the squirrel speaks, Leah starts laughing hysterically in her car seat. We now like to turn on the GPS and have it navigating somewhere, even when we are just driving to the store in Lebanon, just to hear Leah cracking up.
Here are some samples of the funny things the squirrel says, for the best effect, read them out loud in your best Alvin the Chipmunk voice and then imagine a 1 year old behind you in the car cracking up.  (At least it will entertain those around you!)

"We've made it!"
"Awww, nuts! Hold on, I'll get us outa here!" (says this whenever we miss a turn, which happens a lot since I am not actually using it to navigate to anywhere, I'm just listening to Leah crack up so I am never going the way it is telling me to.)
"You know, my cousin's a gopher"
"I sure could go for some walnuts about now."
"Wooo-Hooo!"
"Have you told your friends you have a squirrel stuck in your Nuvi?"
"Out of all the voices you could have, you pick me, that's swell"
"Do you think a gas station would sell walnuts?"
"Turn right, Okay!"
"Well I'm just having a great time today."
"Let's keep movin, we're almost there. Hooray!"
"Well, what's on the agenda for today?"
"Shhhhh, I thought I saw a fox!"
"Drop me off if you see some trees."
"At this speed, I feel like a flying squirrel. Get it?  Ha Ha!"
"Are we stopping here? What about here?  Here?  Here?"
"Sometimes I get distracted, its like I...... Hey you wanna get some peanut brittle?"
"If you see a squirrel run out in front of you, it's probably my uncle Frank.  He's crazy like that!"
"It's tough being a squirrel, but this Nuvi is a big upgrade from my previous place!"

There are probably more, but it is hard to stay on the road when you are trying to write down quotes from a squirrel!   So I better stop.  If they weren't that funny to you, you forgot to say them in your Alvin the chipmunk voice.  Go back to the top, reread them and follow the instructions this time!  Leah thinks he is hilarious and we get a kick out of it as well.  We will probably have to switch back to the elf now that it is the Christmas season.  He says some funny stuff as well.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother and I listened to Squirrel all the way to Reno back in September. Pretty funny. Also notable is "Yeti." Not really useful ("RAAWR!") but good for a few minutes of entertainment.....