Wednesday, December 10, 2008

If God is for us, who......

I just finished my morning devotions. A couple days ago I finished reading through the Bible after starting last January. This time I started in Romans. Today was convicting and encouraging. I sometimes feel like I let life and things get in the way of my walk with God, it becomes stagnant and I am not growing closer to Him. I know the things I should be doing or should not be doing, but through laziness or business I either do not do what I should do, or I do what I know I should not do. This is just like what Paul wrote about in Romans 7:15-25. So it is encouraging to me that even someone like Paul had the same type of struggles and then he explains how to get through them with the strength of the Holy Spirit that resides in us. I really like what he says in 8:31, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" All we have to do in times of trouble and temptation, is to call out to God, because He is always there and is always for us. The last two verses of chapter 8 shows what can separate you from God:

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

What can separate us from God? Nothing! This is very encouraging in times when you feel like you are falling away. Just trust in Him and He is there for you.

No comments: