Saturday, December 6, 2008

At last, I got one!

And I thought hunting season was over. A couple nights ago, I was able to get a deer during a special hunt! This hunting season is usually from the week after Thanksgiving until the week after Christmas. The hunting area is inside the city limits but once in a while you will find one outside the city. There is no bag limit, so you can go all season. The best time to find these special deer for this special hunt is at night, or at least in the dark. They are not as easy to spot in the daylight. You cannot use a rifle or a pistol for this hunt. It is knife or arrows only. And the ability to unplug an extension cord! I was able to get mine across the street in my neighbors yard! Here is a picture.

The most exciting part of this hunt, is the enjoyment you get while watching the person that lives near the deer discover that his/her deer has been hunted! This part of my hunt was somewhat disappointing as this person walked past the deer 4 or 5 times the night of the hunt and did not notice that its lights were out. But I got the satisfaction of a successful hunt the next morning when I got a text message stating, "All right, who killed my deer?" This is probably the most inexpensive successful hunt I have ever had. The arrow cost $2.50. And I did not need to buy a hunting license or a tag. So it was nice to end the 2008 hunting seasons with a successful hunt and I am looking forward to next year.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: