Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally, the earth moving is done!!


The earth moving is done at the Jayne house. (at least in the front yard) I got all the extra dirt moved out and smoothed out the rest. We had to haul off about 10 wheelbarrow loads to the neighbors back yard and I took about 5 loads to our back yard. (great more work!) It is not totally flat, but it is a vast improvement from what we had before. The best part is that all the grass coming up in the picture is coming up on its own. I have not put out any seed yet. I guess thats what happens when you get the dirt from a grass seed field. Now I just hope that the Oak trees and Oak leaves do not kill the grass. It was a fun project and a lot of work. The girls liked to try to help as much as they could and Brooke was able to come out a couple times and push the wheelbarrow around. This was a true family built project.

The other project I did this last summer was the railing on the front porch. I wanted to do something a little different than the normal everyday railing. So I borrowed an idea from a friend and modified it a little and this is what it became. I think it turned out good. What do you think?
Now I have to fix up the back yard. That will have to wait until next summer. I think I'll come up with some woodshop projects for the winter so I can stay dry and not muddy. That happens to me enough at work.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

It looks so great hubby! You do an awesome job on the projects you do!