Saturday, January 1, 2011

Elk Season is Starting


As 2010 has come to a close, another hunting season has started for me.  I have an antlerless elk tag that is good for the month of January.  I am so gung ho for hunting that I have not even gotten my rifle out yet!  I am sure that I will go hunting and hopefully will fill the tag and have some meat in the freezer.  I usually do not have any trouble filling the tag as I get one almost every year.  It is just a matter of going out to see which herd is hanging out where they usually do at this time of year.  I should put a little effort into getting an elk quickly because the freezer is empty and we actually had to buy some beef the other day.  We have not had to do that in a long time!  So sometime in January, God willing, I will see a scene like this picture above and will put one of them in my freezer.

No comments: