Friday, November 19, 2010

What to do on vacation?

After work today, I officially started some vacation.  I am off work until November 29th.  Now I am thinking about what to do while I am off.  Here is what I have come up with so far, not in any particular order:
  • Sleep
  • Play with the kids
  • Spend time with the wife
  • Blow the leaves off the yard
  • Clean up the shop
  • Work on some random woodworking projects
  • Eat some birthday cake
  • Celebrate 15th wedding anniversary
  • Smoke a turkey on the Treager
  • Eat a turkey dinner with family and friends
  • Study 1 Kings 6 and prepare a bible study on it
  • Think of something to blog about
  • Do some geocaching
  • Go mountain biking
  • Run on the treadmill
  • Call mom
  • Play in the snow
  • Take the girls to swimming lessons
  • Go out in the woods and get a Christmas tree
  • Put up and decorate the Christmas tree
  • Start a Christmas/End of year letter to send out with Christmas cards
I am sure I will come up with a lot of other things to do and only get a couple things on this list done, but I will start off with some sleep.  I am usually up by 5 am, but I think I will sleep in until at least 7 tomorrow!  Although by Monday or Tuesday, I will not be able to sleep anymore and I won't be able to go to sleep until 1 or 2 in the morning and I will wake up by 6 or 7.  That is just how my vacations usually go, so I should have time to get lots of stuff done.  We will just have to wait and see how it goes.

No comments: