Tuesday, July 22, 2008

They pay me for this!




I love my job. God has blessed me greatly. Where else can you get paid to go out in the forest and see things like these on a daily basis.
I get paid to drive around through scenery like this and hike around to even better scenes. These are just some of the scenes I saw on one trip up to the mountains last fall, checking on contractors and checking status of planting units.
This is a view of Mt Washington from Sheep Creek.



Here is a hidden water fall I found on the company property.

The down side is I do have to spend quite a bit of time in the office now working on the computer. That is not as much fun. Then I do something dumb and look at the NIFC Sit report on line, and get depressed that I'm not seeing scenes like these.


I still miss fighting wildfire a lot and looking at the national fire situation report just reminds me of that. But, I just remember the fun times I had doing it before and that now I don't have to be gone away from my family for long period of time, and it is all worth it.
Thank you GOD for my family and the job you have given me.







No comments: