Wednesday, July 30, 2008




I've been tagged by Brooke. Here it goes. There are a list of questions about reading and my answer follows each question.

1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? Not really. I think I really started reading books when I was driving water tenders on slash burns or gone to a fire in camp at night. I needed something to do while waiting for the truck to be filled with water or something to do between dinner and sleep.

2. What are some books you read as a child? I do not remember any particular book from my childhood. The only ones I can think of right now are ones I read because I had to in high school. Like: Of mice and men, 1984, and ??? I thought I remembered another one but it went away.

3. What is your favorite genre? I really like action and adventure novels. Like Clive Cusslers series with Dirk Pitt. Or I also like all of John Grishams books. Most of those have to do with some form of court case or law stuff. I used to really like Tom Clancy, but he got too good at writing descriptions of things in his books and they got too long and too many words. For instance I remember in one of his books he took 5 pages to describe in extreme detail all the things that take place in the millisecond it takes an atomic bomb to go boom. Too many words! So I quit reading his books.

4. Do you have a favorite novel? I like all of John Grishams and Clive Cusslers. But My favorite books are probably the Left behind series or the Chronicles of Narnia Series.

5. Where do you usually read? In bed or at the table.

6. When do you usually read? Evenings or early morning.

7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? Yes.

8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction? Not really. The only difference would be, in the morning I am reading my Bible at the table, in the evening I am usually reading other books in bed.

9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library? Neither. My wife buys them, I read them.

10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? Yes. I like to collect the books I have read(or plan to read.) so that I can read them again if I get the urge. I have read the Left Behind series 3 times and the 3 books I have of Chronicles of Narnia twice.

11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? I like all their Veggietales books.

12. What are you reading now? She Calls Me Daddy, Disciplines of a Godly Man, Romancing Your Wife, and The Lie: Evolution.

13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list? Yes. Its called the big pile of books by my bed!

14. What’s next? I will probably reread She Calls Me Daddy, or Bones of Contention, and I would also like to get the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia Series so I can finish all of them.HINT HINT

No comments: