Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sunday Morning Breakfast


Here is our breakfast from last Sunday. There are 2 extra plates because Emma and Riah each had a friend over to spend the night Saturday. (Yep, that meant it was me, my wife and 6 girls in the house for a full day and overnight! As if I am not outnumbered enough already! What was I thinking?)
So I got up and made breakfast for everyone that day. You can use up a lot of food in a hurry when feeding this many people! Here was the menu:

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
4 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
pinch of salt
1 cup butter
2 cups milk
(okay, that is the ingredients to the homemade drop biscuits I made. I did not make them eat that list of stuff separately!)
10 scrambled eggs
6 sausage patties chopped and in the eggs
Raspberry jelly
Strawberry jelly

It seemed like a lot of food when making it, but when it was all dished up, it barely fed everyone!
I thought a double batch of biscuits and 10 eggs was enough, but I was still quite hungry afterwards. I guess next time I will cook a little more. I don't know if I can afford all the food it takes to feed all these people around here!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Warren usually made breakfast on Saturdays too! What a good family memory.
Yes, it does take a lot of food, doesn't it. Think how much luckier you are with girls instead of feeding boys and their friends!!!!
blessings to you guys.