Sunday, October 10, 2010

Has it really been that long since my last post?

Where did the time go? It was April since I last posted on my blog, but it does not seem like it was that long ago. Probably because we never really had a summer. My last post was about it snowing in April when it was to be Spring. Normally we would expect to have a couple months of warm and dry weather as a summer. It never showed up and since it has started raining and getting cooler already, I do not think it is going to.

We had a very busy summer, although we did not do half of the things that we thought we were going to do because other things kept coming up. Not that that was all bad. The things that came up were all good, just not what we had planned. The weather was also a deterrent to some of the things we wanted to do.

At our old church in Corvallis, I had always helped on the BBQ team during the summer. It was always a lot of fun cooking burgers and chicken for the body every Sunday. Now we are going to church in Lebanon and as the summer approached, at least according to the calender not the weather, my wife and I were asked to take over the BBQ ministry for the pastor. We accepted and had a whole new BBQ team experience than before. In Corvallis, all I had to do was show up, set up, cook what was here and clean up. Now we had to do all that plus a lot more. We made it through and had a lot of fun doing it. We are looking forward to serving the church in this way every summer.

Only 1 trip to Paisley this summer. Just could never find the time to get away. It was a good relaxing weekend.

Instead of our, what was turning into an annual vacation trip to Sunriver, we took a vacation over the 4th of July, spending a day at Mount Saint Helens, camped 3 days at Rainier NP, then 4 days in the Seattle area. We all had a lot of fun.

We survived all the kids birthdays with only 1 more to go this year. Hard to believe how old and big the girls are getting. Sarah has started talking and Leah is walking/running all over the place, not to mention climbing on everything like a little monkey. Emma has all kinds of big plans for projects all the time, she is quite creative. Riah is always there to help out and wants to do everything Emma does.
Brooke and I were able to get away to a church leadership conference with about 20 others from Lebanon Calvary Chapel in late September. There was great teaching and great fellowship for 2 days. Followed by a late night drive home so I could be back to work at 0630 the next morning.

I know there was a lot of other things that went on or we did since my last post, but it went so fast it is just a big blur and I cannot think of anything else specific to write about.

It is now deer season. I do not plan to put very much effort, or any for that matter, into actually hunting deer. But, I did buy a tag and I put the rifle in the truck every morning when I go to work. I even remembered to grab some bullets after about the 4th day of the season. So if there are any gawkers that happen to step out in front of me when I am out in the woods, I will be ready to put some more meat in the freezer. I am not counting on it though, as I have not seen a buck during deer season is several years! Oh well, I should get an elk in January again.

I think it is time to end this rambling post. Stay tuned, all 1 of you that might actually be reading this, and I will post something more interesting when I get inspired and have time.

No comments: