Friday, January 1, 2010

How did my predictions for 2009 go?

Now that 2009 is over, I need to go back over my predictions for things that would happen to our family in 2009 and see if any of them came true. So here we go. The colorful ones are the predictions I wrote in my blog last January. The other ones are the review of what happened in 2009.

10. Someone finally donates to the Harley fund and we buy a set of Hogs to go touring on. And with them come a volunteer to watch the kids! No one has ever donated to the Harley fund, so we still do not have even one. It is kind of hard to go on motorcycle trips without a motorcycle, so we did not go on any. It would be hard to do that anyway with 4 kids that cannot ride yet.

9. We somehow, without ever buying a ticket, win the biggest ever Powerball lottery. We are able to retire from work and become world travelers going on mission trips all over the world as a family.
The part about not even buying a ticket was right. And, surprise, surprise, we did not win. I did get my passport last year so I could go on mission trips if the opportunity ever came up.


8. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition comes and builds us a new house that we can fit in better with 4 kids. We have 4 kids, but we still have the same house. I think you actually have to apply and have a reason to deserve getting a new house from Extreme Makeover, for them to come, so that would probably be a good reason that they did not come.

7. We get the backyard landscaping all done and win an award for the design, and are able to pay off the mortgage with what we win. We did not even work on the back yard landscaping this year except for pulling up some of the old plants. We did have a garden and I did put up the fence finally, but since it was not done no one came and gave us an award for it.

6. Hunting seasons come and I fill all my tags on opening day and then win an all expense paid trip to Alaska to hunt Moose, where I am able to bag a world record bull. Our freezers are so full of meat that we have a BBQ for everyone on Angelee Ct every Friday night all summer.
Well, it was not as bad as last year. I actually saw animals during deer season, just not in places that I could shoot them. I took a friend elk hunting and he actually saw and shot at elk. He did not get one, but we had fun trying.

5. Tiger Woods comes to Lebanon to play at Mallard Creek and we bump into each other on the course. He shows me what I am doing wrong and how to fix it. Then the next thing you know I quit my job, join the PGA Tour, and get paid to golf.
The odds of this one actually happening were pretty remote, and then were reduced even more by the fact that Tiger woods has probably never heard of Mallard Creek Golf Course in Lebanon, OR, and that I only played golf once the entire year. Not to mention, I am really tired of hearing about Tiger Woods right now.

4. We take another wonderful family vacation to Sunriver and just enjoy being a family and hanging out it a beautiful location.
This one actually happened! We got an awesome deal on a really nice house in Sunriver and spent 6 days there. As a bonus, some friends did the same thing so we got to hang out with them while we were there.

3. Because of the new baby, we remodel the house to make a little more room and make it work better for the family.
We almost did. We took the time to look into what could be done and how much it would cost. But in the end it was not going to work, so we just refinanced to get a better interest rate and called it good.

2. The 2nd best thing that will happen in 2009 is finding out if the new baby is a boy or a girl.
This did happen. In March we found out that we would be having our 4th daughter!

1. The best thing that will happen in 2009 for the Jayne family, is my beautiful wife giving birth to our 4th child and 1st son This was surely the best thing that happened to the Jayne family in 2009. Our 4th child was not a boy, but she is still the best thing to happen this year. Now we have 4 beautiful daughters.

No comments: