Sunday, January 24, 2010

The power of Invisibility

I have the power of invisibility. At least my kids think so. Well, Emma has doubts, but cannot figure out how I do what I do when we are playing hide and seek. Riah is convinced that I have the power to become invisible. It all comes from playing hide and seek with them. One of them will count while everyone else goes to hide. The seeker will find everyone else except me, then I will appear in the spot that the seeker was originally counting or in a spot that they are sure they looked. The last time it happened was the ultimate. I even had Brooke wondering how I did it. Here is how it went down.
Emma was counting and going to look for everyone. She ran around the house and as usual found everyone but me. She even enlisted the help of her sister that she had already found. After several minutes of running all over the house looking to no avail, Emma, Riah and Brooke ran through the living room for the 3rd or 4th time to go look in the shop and came skidding to a stop. There I was sitting in the recliner playing a game on my phone like I had been there all along. The capper was when Riah said, "I didn't even feel you when I jumped in the recliner earlier to see if you were there and invisible." To that I responed, "you didn't, you must not be able to feel me when I am invisible."
Emma is constantly begging me to tell her how I do that, but I tell her that, as a parent I am bound to secrecy until she is old enough to have kids of her own. We will have to see how long it takes her to figure it out.

No comments: