Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Elk season 2009????....2010

My elk hunt starts on Friday, January 1st, 2010. But don't be confused, it is a 2009 hunt. I had to have a 2009 license to apply for the tag, but now I have to have a 2010 license to actually hunt the elk. So basically I have to pay for 2 licenses for 1 hunt! But I am not going to complain. As long as I can find another group of gawkers such as this one,

sometime after the 1st and before the 31st. If all goes according to plan, which it never does or ever will, I will have a couple hundred pounds of elk meat in the freezer before the end of the month of January. Now if the darn gawkers will cooperate and the runners keep running and stay away from their slower moving cousins, then it will be a good successful hunting season and I will finally get to blog about actually filling a tag! That could be fun. We'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

No comments: