Monday, September 28, 2009

Hunting season 2009!!!

Deer hunting season for 2009 is starting this weekend. I was not really all that excited about it after last season.(see post from last year) But, there is nothing like seeing a bunch of bucks standing around asking you to shoot them to get the old buck fever juices flowing and make you forget all of last seasons woes. So now I am back in the killing mode. Have gun, tag, bullets and am ready to go throw some lead around and put some meat in the freezer. There is no way I can have 2 seasons in a row as bad as last year, right? So, after a trip to visit mom in Paisley last weekend, and seeing this
I am ready to go out and set myself up for more disappointment and discouragement. It cannot be any worse than last year though. If I just at least see a live animal running off in the distance, it will be an improvement over last year. The pictures are fuzzy because I was drooling over the deer all over my camera.(ok not really, I was taking the pics through the screen door of my moms house.)
Granted these deer are in Paisley, and I will be hunting in the cascades by Sweet Home. It still boosted my confidence that there will be meat in the freezer come November. It is amazing how seeing nice bucks this close to hunting season makes your bad memories go away. Check in later to see if I am successful at finding some more gawkers standing around wanting me to shoot at them.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

you can do it!!! (happy gilmore)