Thursday, November 19, 2009

Deer hunting 2009

Well, deer season is over for 2009. Here is a picture of what I was able to get this year.














As you can see, I did not get anything again this year. The only thing that makes this season better than last season, ( see last years post) was that, while I did not get to see a legal deer during the season, I did not put out any effort this year. I put out so little effort that if I had got a deer I would have almost felt bad about it, because I did not earn it! I did get to see some deer this year and saw some elk while taking a friend elk hunting. I did see 1 legal buck that I could have shot, but it was elk season and I was on private property. Then I did see 1 doe that wanted to get shot, but I was on the wrong side of hiway 20 for my tag, so I let her live. I am sure someone else has probably shot her by now unless she was really not a gawker and was actually a runner that knew I did not have a tag. In that case she would be able to tell if other hunters will shoot at her with or without a tag and won't stand there pretending to be a gawker.
I still have hope for meat in the freezer this winter though. I have an elk tag for January, so I will hopefully get one in the freezer. I only need 1 gawker to stop and gawk at me once the season starts, so stay tuned.

No comments: