Tuesday, November 25, 2008

13 years and counting!

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. It does not seem like it is possible for it to be that long, but it has been. Yes, our anniversary is the day after my birthday. You may think that we did this so that I would not forget it. However that is not the case. We got married in November because it was not fire season and we thought that I would always be home this time of year. Little did we know that the next year, I was put in charge of managing the Christmas tree shipping yard that Miller Timber harvested for Holiday tree farms. That meant that for the next 10 years I worked 7 days a week, dark to dark, in November and December. So until I got this new job in 2006, I was never home on my anniversary and we could never go do anything on it. That has all changed now. This year I am even taking the week off. That covers my birthday, our anniversary and thanksgiving.
I thank God daily for giving me a wonderful godly woman as a wife. Even though it did not start out that way, God had a plan and it all came together. She is always concerned with doing life the way God intended and in every way strives to be a godly wife. It always encourages me to try to be a better, more godly husband and father. She has blessed me with 3 beautiful daughters and is training them to be godly women. I love her very much and am looking forward to what God has for us for the next 50+ years of our marriage. I just pray that we can continue to grow closer to one another and to God together.

No comments: