Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Riah!


Moriah, our 2nd born daughter, also known as Riah, Ry-Ry, freckles, Bob, and George, turned 7 years old today!  She is growing up way too fast.  I think I say that about all of my children, but it still seems to go by so quickly and seems to be going by faster every year.  We think Riah is going to be the tallest of all the girls.  She towers over a lot of the other kids her age, and most people think she is a lot older than she is because of her height.  
 How can anyone not love those freckles?  I love her freckles!
She loves to make things, especially to give them to mommy or daddy.  She is always drawing pictures for us.  Here was a gingerbread Christmas tree she made last December.
Here she is opening her stocking Christmas morning getting some new toys and other things.  She still loves playing with her toys, but also is always wanting to help me or Brooke doing different things around the house. 
 She was really excited to be able to take part in her first Pinewood derby at Awanas this year.  Her car did not do as well as she hoped, but she had a lot of fun and building the car with her was a great way to spend the time with her!  The picture above was taken just after her car won its first race, but then it was not as fast after that.  She did win 2nd place for the design of the car.  She was very excited about that.
Here she is hanging out on a tree at Nanas house.(My moms in Paisley)  I remember my dad planting that tree when I was in 5th or 6th grade.  It was never big enough for me to climb on when I was a kid, but now our girls get to enjoy it.
Our 2nd daughter is 7 years old.  It is hard to believe.  She is a great blessing to have.  Riah is very affectionate to Brooke and I and is always wanting hugs and kisses.  I love it when she just randomly comes up to me, gives me a hug and says, I love you daddy, for no real reason other than she wanted to!  She does this a lot too!
As God says in Psalm 127:3, "Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him" and we are thankful to God that He gave us Moriah!
So with all that said,

Happy 7th Birthday
Moriah Tristyn!
We love you!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love you my baby girl, love Mommy :))