Thursday, November 24, 2011

Numbers

What do the numbers 15340 and 2191.3 have in common?
Give up?
Here is a hint; Another number related to these numbers is 42.
Do you give up?  Okay, they are all my age. 
As of today I am 15340 days, 2191.3 weeks, or 42 years old.  Whatever way you look at it, I am starting to approach the age in which you could say I am almost old enough to be considered of the age that some would think is almost on the brink of being able to be looked at as someone who is near the maturity level of a person that may be near the time in their life that a few people might think of as being close to old.  Depending on how old you are may determine how close to that you think I am!  (if you can even understand what I just wrote!)  I do not mentally feel like I am getting older, but sometimes my body reminds me of the fact that it is a fact.  Thus far in my life, I have been greatly blessed with an awesome wife, great daughters, many great friends and a good job as well as many other things.  I could not ask for anything more than what God has given me to this point. 
Now on my birthday this year, that happens to fall on Thanksgiving, I have to say that I am thankful for all the things mentioned above and for each of the 15340 days God has given me this far and I am looking forward to the next 15340 days that are coming.
Now my one birthday wish is that all my friends would be able to come celebrate with me, but since my house is too small, all I ask is that you all have a big turkey dinner to help me celebrate all those days that I have been so blessed to have lived for.  I know it will be hard for you all to do this, but all I ask is that you try just for me! 
Thanks!

Have a happy Thanksgiving and may you have as much to be thankful for as I do.

No comments: